Turkey is a popular vacation destination for millions of tourists around the world, and one of the most sought-after regions of Turkey is Alanya. This region is known for its beautiful beaches, rich history and cultural diversity. The purpose of this article is to provide readers with a comprehensive guide to Alanya, including information about when the season begins and ends, popular attractions, and what to expect when tourists vacation.
The city of Alanya also includes small resort villages that are located nearby:
Alanya on the map of Turkey
Weather in Alanya by month
The climate in Alanya is Mediterranean. The warmest time to rest here is from June to October. The air temperature during this time reaches 33 degrees, and the sea warms up to 27 degrees above zero. If such high temperatures do not suit you, then you can come here in the Velvet season – in October – November or at the beginning of the season, in May. The temperature is more comfortable and ideal for hiking and sightseeing programs.
When does the season begin and end?
The resort season in Alanya usually begins in April and ends in October. During these months, the weather is warm and sunny, making it an ideal time for tourists to enjoy the beaches and explore the city. The peak season in Alanya is from June to September, and during this time the region is crowded with tourists from all over the world. It is important to note that accommodation and entertainment prices can be higher during the peak season, so it is best to plan and book in advance.
- Cleopatra Beach- is considered one of the best in Turkey. According to legend, this beach was given to Cleopatra by Mark Antony, who fell in love with her. Here is a special sand: golden, not heated in the sun, without fine dust. This is why the water in the sea remains perfectly clear. and the beach itself was awarded the Blue Flag for purity and environmental friendliness.
- Damlatas Beach- is a part of Cleopatra Beach, which is distinguished and called Damlatash. Accordingly, the sea and the sand here do not differ from Cleopatra Beach – golden sand, azure sea and purity. On the beach there is a cave Damlatash.
- Keikubat Beach- The city beach, which stretches from the port in the direction of Mahmutlar. The beach is quite wide and long and less crowded than Cleopatra beach. However, the sand here is not as pleasant, it has a more gray color and consists of sand mixed with pebbles, so to walk barefoot here is not very comfortable.
- Oba Beach- A good sandy beach, which is located in the Oba.
Beaches near Alanya
- Inzhekum beach – is considered to be the best in Alanya. There is a beautiful golden sand, which is a rarity for this region. The water entrance is shallow, which is great for relaxing with children. The beach Inzhekuma stretches for 1.5 km and is located mainly in a bay, so there are no strong waves and winds, the sea is calm and warm.
- Avsallar Beach- a favorite vacation spot of tourists, largely due to the beautiful beaches of this city. City beach is covered with golden sand, brought here specifically for the comfort of tourists. Clean sea, gentle entrance to the water, soft sand under your feet – a great place for recreation for adults and children.
- Konakli beach- The beach at Konakli is not particularly well sanded. In the photos it seems that the beach is completely sandy, but in fact the beach consists of sand with stones, so for comfort it is better to use rubber slippers, which you can buy in one of the many shops in the resort. The entrance to the water is also not the most comfortable – there are concrete slabs and stones in the water, so we recommend swimming also with shoes.
- Mahmutlar Beach- Mahmutlar boasts a long and wide beach, which accommodates everyone who wants to bask in the sun. In the photo the beach looks completely sandy, but if you look closely you will see that the sand is mixed with small stones, so walk barefoot here is not very comfortable. It is better to buy rubber slippers so as not to hurt your feet. When entering the water you may also encounter stones.
Photos of Alanya’s beaches
- Dim Chai River – is one of the main natural attractions of the Alanya region of Turkey. This beautiful river flows through the Taurus Mountains and flows into the Mediterranean Sea near the city of Alanya. The Dim Chai River offers a unique landscape and opportunities for fishing, picnics and other outdoor activities.
- Damlatash Cave – is a natural wonder located in the heart of Alanya. The cave is filled with stalactites and stalagmites and is said to have therapeutic properties due to the high level of humidity and temperature inside.
- Dim Cave– is a beautiful natural landmark in the Alanya region of Turkey. It is located at a depth of 232 meters and has a unique landscape consisting of various stalactites and stalagmites. Dim Cave has some of the most beautiful and impressive stone formations in the region and offers a unique experience to tourists who wish to explore the natural beauty of Alanya.
- Alanya Fortress – is a historic fortress built in the 13th century. It is located on the top of a hill with a stunning view of the surrounding countryside. Visitors can tour the castle and learn about its history through various exhibits and displays.
- Sapadere Canyon – is a spectacular natural attraction located in the Alanya region of Turkey. The canyon offers a unique landscape with high cliffs and a crystal clear river that flows through its bottom. It is an ideal place for nature lovers and tourists who want to enjoy the beautiful scenery and walk in the surrounding nature.
- Red Tower – is another historical landmark of Alanya. The tower was built in the 13th century and served as an observation deck for the defenders of the city. Today visitors can explore the tower and learn about its history through various exhibits and exhibitions.
- Bazaar in Alanya – is a lively market where visitors can find everything from souvenirs to clothing to fresh produce. The market is open every day and offers a unique shopping experience that is ideal for tourists who want to take home a piece of Alaniи.
What to do in Alanya
Alanya is known for its beautiful beaches and there are many water sports. Tourists can ride parasailing, jet skis or even a banana boat. There are also many boat tours that offer a unique view of the city from the sea.
Alanya has a vibrant nightlife with many bars, clubs and restaurants open until the early hours of the morning. Visitors can enjoy live music, dancing and drinks while enjoying the lively atmosphere of the city.
Alanya has a rich history and cultural diversity, and many cultural tours are offered for visitors. These tours provide a glimpse into the region’s past and present, visiting historical sites, museums and local communities.
For visitors who want to relax, there are many options in Alanya. Guests can spend the day in one of the city’s many spas or do yoga on the beach. There are also many quiet corners in the city where you can relax and take in the stunning views.
Alanya is a beautiful region of Turkey that offers something for everyone. From historical sites to beautiful beaches to vibrant nightlife, there is no shortage of things to see and do. If you are looking for adventure, culture or relaxation, Alanya has it all. Thanks to the warm and sunny weather from April to October, it is an ideal holiday destination for tourists from all over the world. Thanks to this guide, tourists can plan their trip to Alanya with confidence, knowing that they will not miss out on any of the region’s major attractions and activities. All in all, Alanya is a unique and beautiful region that should not be missed by any person who wants to have an unforgettable vacation.